Season 03 for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0 brings with it a plethora of changes that include new Multiplayer Maps and more. The update launches on April 13th at 1 AM (GMT+8) with the following content for their respective titles:
Modern Warfare II
The 2v2 game mode Gunfight, where random Loadouts and small cage-match-style maps dictate tactical and fast-paced combat. returns with four maps:
There will also be three new 6v6 Maps and two new Battle Maps introduced.
Not only that, Ranked play are also getting new rewards at the start of season 03:
- Win 5 Ranked Matches – Season 03 Competitor Sticker
- Win 10 Ranked Matches – Pro Issue TAQ-56 Weapon Blueprint
- Win 25 Ranked Matches – “Top Dog” Weapon Charm
- Win 50 Ranked Matches – “Tippable” Weapon Vinyl
- Win 75 Ranked Matches – Ranked Play Season 03 Loading Screen
- Win 100 Ranked Matches – Season 03 Ranked Play Veteran Camo
- Skill Division Operator Skins and cosmetics for having a season-high placement within the Gold Division or above, with special rewards for the Top 250 and No. 1 player in the world at the end of the season
There will also be a mid-season major content update for Special Ops in the form of a new mission and a new Raid episode.
With Warzone 2.0 game modes: Massive Resurgence returns with up to 150 players dropping in for Resurgence across Al Mazrah alongside some brand new features such as:
- Redeploy Drones
- Tempered Plate Carrier
- UAV Towers
- New Gulag Map
- Deployable Buy Station (in-season)
- Perk Packages (in-season)
DMZ will also get a new feature, which is the new Barter System that lets you bring and buy items. This will have players complete missions for the new faction and tinker on the Contraband workbench before facing off against two new bosses.
Two new Operators also join the fight, both of which should be familiar to players who have played through Modern Warfare II, they are Alejandro Vargas and Valeria Garza.
The game will also introduce three new weapons such as the FJX Imperium (Sniper Rifle), Cronen Squall (Battle Rifle) and a New Pistol that will be announced later on in-season.
Blackcell Battlepass Upgrade
A battlepass upgrade called Blackcell will also be available and would contain the following:
- Access to the full Season 03 Battle Pass and 20 Tier Skips (25 on PlayStation).
- 1,100 COD Points instantly awarded.
- Up to 1,400 COD Points awarded throughout the Battle Pass.
- A BlackCell Operator, attired in an imposing animated Camo skin.
- A Pro-Tuned Weapon Blueprint, Vehicle Skin, and Finishing Move.
- An exclusive BlackCell Sector within the Battle Pass AO serves as an alternative starting location.
- Immediate unlocking of adjacent Battle Pass Sectors to the BlackCell Sector.
- Additional, BlackCell-only Battle Pass content: Every Season 03 Battle Pass Sector with an Operator Skin has a BlackCell variant (12 Skins in total) to unlock.
Players can also get Weapon Blueprints, XP Tokens, and more via the new Recruit a Friend program for Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 by completing simple challenges together.
It is important to note that this program is not available in the following countries, Austria, Argentina, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ireland, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland and Philippines.
New Prestige Levels
Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0 Season 03 will also see the Prestige Rank cap increased to Prestige 13 and the level cap increased to 650. Players can unlock the new Prestige Ranks which comes with a new icon besides their name.
- Prestige 10: Unlocked at Level 500.
- Prestige 11: Unlocked at Level 550.
- Prestige 12: Unlocked at Level 600.
- Prestige 13: Unlocked at Level 650 — this is the maximum level that can be achieved in Season 03
You may find further details in regards to the new Call of Duty Season 03 update at the official website.