SCRYsoft and Crunching Koalas have collaborated to bring the Playstation 4 version of BUTCHER to the Southeast Asian Playstation Store on 13 November 2020. The game is currently available digital only, with no plan for physical release at this time.
With a tagline of “The easiest mode is HARD”, here’s the given game description:
BUTCHER is a fast-paced 2D shooter and a blood-soaked love letter to the cult classics of the genre, developed by Transhuman Design – the studio behind Soldat and King Arthur’s Gold. As a cyborg programmed to eradicate the last remains of humanity, your sole purpose is to well… annihilate anything that moves. Grab your weapon of choice (from chainsaw, through shotgun, to grenade launcher) and kill your way through underground hideouts, post-apocalyptic cities, jungles and more. And if you are feeling creative, there are plenty other ways of ending your enemies’ misery – hooks, lava pits, saws… no death will ever be the same. If kicking corpses into a lava pit and adorning walls with blood is your idea of a good time, BUTCHER is THE game for you.
- Ultra-violent uncompromising carnage in the spirit of Doom and Quake (chainsaw included).
- Release your inner artist, paint the walls with (permanent) blood (up to 4 million pixels available to be painted per level).
- Use the environment (saws, hooks, lava pits, animals and other) to brutally dispose of your enemies.
- Put your reflex and patience to the ultimate test. Skills are also required in additional to utter brute force to bump through the levels.
- Choose from an array of weapons (featuring classics like chainsaw, shotgun and the deadly grenade launcher).
- Soak in the dark atmosphere reinforced by a wicked, heavy soundtrack (while you kick corpses around).
- See your enemies die painfully: melt in lava, become piranha food, get crushed by heavy doors… and more!