It suffered a delay, but Animal Crossing: New Horizons at last launches today on 20 March 2020! People are surely swarming to get on that little thing your old pal Tom Nook has offered. Pack your bags and get started on that Nook Inc. Deserted Island Getaway Package!
First thing’s first, here are some things you should know. You can pre-plan your island here via the handy Happy Island Designer too. Next, here’s a graphic from Twitter user _amocha with a guide to the island:
- Editing or adding new river outlets cannot be done with the terrain editor
- There are three exits: East, South, West
- Beaches cannot be edited
- The dock, expanded land and rocks cannot be changed later
- Cliffs can be created up to 3 levels, but you can only reach the second
- New river outlets or water tiles cannot be placed on the last tile of grass before the beach
Island names can be 10 characters, but “Island” itself is not automatically appended to the name, according to fan reports, nor can you change the island name. So keep that in mind when naming your island!
Well, don’t wait up, go catch that boat and go on your vacation now that Animal Crossing New Horizons finally launches today, incidentally, simultaneously with DOOM Eternal, if you hadn’t seen the memes already.
Escape to your island getaway—however, whenever, and wherever you want