The new Acer Chromebook Vero 514 is the first Chromebook in Acer’s eco-conscious Vero line. The Acer Chromebook Vero 514 (CBV514-1H/T) features a design that encompasses the entire product’s lifespan, being easy to upgrade, repair, disassemble, and recycle.
“The simplicity, security and speed of Chromebooks are the ideal complements to our Vero line’s focus on delivering powerful devices that keep an eye on the environment. The new Acer Chromebook Vero 514 is the next step in embodying our Earthion mission by developing eco-friendlier products that have a positive ecological impact on our customers’ businesses, homes and schools.”
James Lin, General Manager, Notebooks, IT Products Business, Acer Inc
Features of the Chromebook include:
- Broad use of PCR plastic; 30% in chassis and screen bezel, and 50% in keycaps and speakers
- Ocean-bound plastics used for internal fan housing and OceanGlass touchpad
- Standard screws on bottom cover for simplified repairs and upgrades
- Paint-free chassis with cobbelstone gray finish, 99% recyclable display panel
- Impact-resistant exterior that meets MIL-STD 810H
- 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processors and featuring Intel® Iris® Xe graphics
- Up to 10 hours battery life, can charge up to 50% in just 30 minutes
- 14-inch full HD anti-glare Corning Gorilla Glass available on touchscreen option, up to 300 300 nits brightness and a wide 100% sRGB color range
- Thin bezel design giving 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Full HD flare-reducing webcam, DTS audio with Smart Amplifier
- Wi-Fi 6E, ports including two USB Type-C, USB 3.2 Type-A and HDMI
- ChromeOS equipped with features including advanced security, reporting and insights, scalable cloud-based management and zero-touch enrollment
- Packaging box made from 90% recycled paper, notebook bag and keyboard sheet made from 100% recycled plastic, paper adapter sleeve, inner packaging can be used as laptop stand
The Acer Chromebook Vero 514 (CBV514-1H/T) laptop will be available in the United States in October, starting at USD 499.99; in EMEA in November starting at EUR 599. Exact specifications, prices, and availability will vary by region.
Through the Vero line and the Earthion initiative, Acer calls on partners and suppliers to follow suit and amplify positive impacts on the environment. Acer Green Day saw the start of the 21-Day Challenge to encourage employees to take green actions and make them habits. The challenge has since grown to encompass the employees of Acer’s partners, suppliers and consumers. You can learn more about the initiative through the official website.