You’re interested to start playing Xross Chronicle and would like a guide. Great! As we mentioned in our review, this game can cater to both the casual and more hardcore player, with the time spent by more dedicated players allowing them more room to play around, of course. Whatever it is, this guide can apply to whatever level you play Xross Chronicle at. Without further ado, let’s get right to it!
Utilize Joy’s Gift!
Xross Chronicle allows you to reroll your first unit until you’re satisfied! That said, here are some of the characters we highly recommend trying to get:
I would definitely highly recommend Overlord, as he’s just really good at attacking, and is capable of debuffing their attacks! As for Snow Mermaid, her skill in the Yokai slot allows her to attack multiple enemies, as well as Freeze, good for crowds.
Later on, you’ll be given a choice to obtain either Lucy or Yuhwa – the heroines – Character Beads to recruit them. Just pick the one you like best.
Once you clear the relevant main story stages, the Battlefields will open up to you. A quick guide to the Battlefields in Xross Chronicle are as follows:
- The Labyrinth of Time
- Obtain Spirit Fire of Power, Agility or Intelligence five times a day. These are the materials needed to level up your units
- Use the appropriate Spirit Fire to obtain 200% more EXP on the same type character
- River of Fire
- A gauntlet with battles and chests in between. Requires higher level parties because you need to successfully clear a node with enough surviving members to proceed
- Crack of Fate
- Your primary source of Gold. You can land a jackpot if you earn enough Luck Score. You naturally earn Luck Score from doing the quests here
- The PvP of the game. Go up against other people and earn rewards
- Scalar Tower
- The more end-game content. Requires various party compositions to successfully climb to the higher, more difficult floors
- Evil Suppression
- Fight a Raid Boss to obtain materials to craft equipment. Gain Relic Boxes to obtain more materials!
- Highly recommended to open up the third slot so that you can open 3 boxes at once.
- Territory of Chaos
- Obtain Breakthrough materials here to increase the level cap of your units. These are according to unit roles
- Cave of Sighs
- The other set of Breakthrough materials are available here, according to unit type
You’ll be collecting plenty of items, and when you do, you can check out the “Illustrated Book” and grab additional goodies when you complete a collection.
The team comes together
You should definitely look towards a balanced distribution of roles, like having two Attackers and a Supporter. If you have more Attack units in the Human slot (the frontline), then consider having Support units in the Yokai slot (to gain their abilities during Fusion). The most important skill you need to check for Yokai units is their first skill, which will be the one used by the Human unit.
Taking my team as an example, I’m using Overlord + Grim Reaper (both Attack), Ketua + Ogu (Defense + Attack) and Ringer (Support + Control) for a wide spread of skills. Ketua and Ringer can both bring healing, so I can focus on Attack or Control units for other slots.
If you’re missing a unit to put into either the Human or Yokai slot, remember you can do Cross Training to fill up your team! Cross Training is also useful to open Relic Boxes.
Work on increasing Fusion Rate, which will allow the Yokai in the pair to obtain more stats when they’re matched with a Human, handy for getting that increase in power. You can leave this for later as Dolls can be a little hard to come by.
Remember to equip your units with gear you’ve found and crafted too! You can increase the reinforcement cap of equipment through “Weapon Draw”, allowing you to upgrade it further. I would recommend focusing on a core set of units to grow first before you work on others, as materials are often time-gated. You can at least work on Cross Training more units, to open Relic Boxes. Boxes have different requirements to get the best results.
That should be about the gist of it! We hope this guide will help you through the world of Xross Chronicle! One last thing, especially relevant to the busy player: there are a couple of things that can make the auto-battle life easier:
- Turning on faster battle speed
- Repeating Adventure settings
- Can be set to use all Stamina
- Set to stop when team levels up
- Set to stop when all quest count is complete (for Battlefield maps)
- Set to stop when lack of relic box space (Evil Suppression)
It will also show the number of runs that have been done. Handy!