Far Away is a visual novel developed by HongCha Games and published by X.D. Network Inc. planned for release on PC and mobile in 2021. Going by the Steam store page at time of writing, it might not be available in English at launch. Here’s an overview for the game:
Far Away is a stunning anime visual novel that offers branching storylines and dozens of choices. You play as Krosa Nonet, a bay worker in the old town of Bedjan who becomes wrapped up in the city’s underworld. With multiple storylines and dozens of options, each decision you make directly impacts on Krosa and the city. Find clues, explore different character perspectives and piece together the mysteries of Bedjan against the backdrop of a city filled with corruption.
- Stunning visuals from famed artists who created art for Arknights and Girls’ Frontline.
- 500,000 words of text, 8 main storylines, and dozens of decisions to take.
- The choices you make directly impact the story, its plot twists and outcomes.
- Explore noir themes in the murky underworld of Bedjan, and take on corrupt officials.
- An incredible and original soundtrack from Zris of Arknights fame.
If you’re interested to do some reading to take a break from more action packed titles, might as well keep an eye out for this one.