Tokyo Game Show 2021 will be online once again, running for four days from 30 September to 3 October 2021. Business meetings will start on 29 September. Exhibitor applications are open until 25 June.
This year’s theme is “We’ll always have games”, with the wish to recreate the event for the next 25 years for an exciting future together with all who like games. With the continuation of an online event, e-commerce and business matching will be available, as well as a trial demo feature. The program garnered 31.6 million views for 2020’s event. Alongside the online event, an offline venue will be open to press and influencers to interview exhibitors and play demos as well.
The Tokyo Game Show 2021 Online portal – available here – will be open to the general public on 1 September 2021. Features available include:
- Simultaneous English interpretation for official programs over 4 days
- Trial version demo to play new games online for free
- Live commerce in partnership with Amazon JP
- Business matching system
- Demo and exhibitions for press and influencers at Makuhari Messe
- Simulated experience tour of offline exhibition area (paid)
List of exhibitors will be revealed early August, with the business matching going live on 20 August. The offline exhibition area will be from 10:00 to 17:00 JST, 30 September to 3 October.