The new Xbox, Xbox Series X is sure looking a little slimmer, while keeping the general controller look. Either way, here’s what we’re getting in Holiday 2020.
- Box can stand both vertically and horizontally
- Controller has a new Share button for easier screenshots and game clips, D-pad from the Xbox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller, compatible with Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs
- “Its size and shape have been refined to accommodate an even wider range of people, and it also features a new Share button to make capturing screenshots and game clips simple and an advanced d-pad derived from the Xbox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller. The new Xbox Wireless Controller will be compatible with Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs, and will be included with every Xbox Series X.”
- 60FPS support at 4K, possibility of up to 120FPS, 8K support too
- A next-generation SSD will virtually eliminate load times
- Backwards compatible across all previous Xboxes
- “Thanks to backward compatibility, you can expect your gaming legacy, thousands of your favorite games across four generations of gaming, all your Xbox One gaming accessories, and industry-leading services like Xbox Game Pass to be available when you power on your Xbox Series X in Holiday 2020.”
That’s all we got so far from The Game Awards 2019, but hey, we’ve at least got visuals on the thing. We’ll see how this one goes!