Out of the blue, developer Purple Lamp Studios and publisher HandyGames announced that SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated will be coming out for the Android and iOS platform as a premium title on 21 January 2021.
An overview for the game as follows from its Steam page:
Are you ready, kids? The cult classic is back, faithfully remade in spongetastic splendor! Play as SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy and show the evil Plankton that crime pays even less than Mr. Krabs. Want to save Bikini Bottom from lots of rampant robots with your mighty bubbles? Of course you do! Want to underpants bungee jump? Why wouldn’t you! Want to join forces in a brand new multiplayer mode? The battle is on!
- Play as SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy and use their unique sets of skills
- Thwart Plankton’s evil plan to rule Bikini Bottom with his army of wacky robots
- Meet countless characters from the beloved series
- Faithful remake of one of the best SpongeBob games ever created
- High-end visuals, modern resolutions and carefully polished gameplay
- Brand new horde mode multiplayer for up to two players, online and offline
- Restored content that was cut from the original game like the Robo Squidward boss fight and more
As one of the better remakes of a classic platformer, it is definitely nice to see SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated coming on a platform that facilitates the ability to play games on the go.