As announced at the Nintendo mini direct, the Rune Factory series will finally get its next numbered sequel in the simulation RPG series. The game is set for a launch in 2021 for the Nintendo Switch in North America. Rune Factory 5 is preceded by Rune Factory 4 Special, an updated version of the original 3DS release, available for the Nintendo Switch from February 2020. The first look at 5 was shown off, for fans to see the game’s stylized and vibrant art.
Set off on a grand adventure in a fantasy world with the latest entry in the Rune Factory simulation RPG series. After losing their memory, the hero lands in a small town blessed by nature. There, they are recruited into a band of peacekeeping rangers, and their new life begins. In addition to their normal duties, the hero can farm the land, cast a line into the nearby river, and so much more! Team up with townsfolk to battle monsters and unleash powerful combination attacks—just one of the features new to the series. The stage is set, and the curtain rises on an exciting new adventure in Rune Factory 5!
● Tame monsters or team up with townsfolk to explore a massive world
● Defend the frontier and support your community as a peacekeeping ranger
● Unleash uniquely powerful combo attacks with your teammates
● Cultivate crops in the fields
● Find friendship, love, and family with a colorful cast of characters