The girl is not shrouded in black anymore, as Project Sekai: Colorful Stage! ft. Hatsune Miku has released first details! With translations via Gematsu, we now know the following:
“Sekai” is a world where “true feelings” can be discovered. In the city of Shibuya, Tokyo, a girl looks up at the enormous LCD screen at the intersection. In this place where young people gather and a thriving music subculture, she sees the virtual singer “Hatsune Miku”. That girl can do anything, she mutters.
At home, she finds a song called “Untitled” in her smartphone. While wondering where it came from, she plays the song, only to be surrounded by a bright light. Transported to this unknown place, she finds herself face to face with Hatsune Miku herself.
“Welcome to Sekai! Let’s sing together!” Miku reaches out to the perplexed girl. The curtain rises on a story of boys and girls who will discover their “true feelings” and “songs all their own.”
“Sekai” is a mysterious world that can project “true feelings”. Sekai changes based on a person’s emotions, and there’s as many Sekai as there are feelings.
Beings are represented by the virtual singers of the real world, and will change appearance according to a person’s emotion in Sekai. They will help people discover their “true feelings”.
- Hatsune Miku (voiced by Saki Fujita)
- Luka Megurine (voiced by Yuu Asakawa)
- Rin/Len Kagamine (voiced by Asami Shimoda)
- Meiko (voiced by Meiko Haigou)
- Kaito (voiced by Naoto Fuuga)
“Untitled” is a song with no melody or lyrics. It’s born at the same time as Sekai, and is key in leading to Sekai. When someone discovers their “true feelings” and sings with Miku and friends, the feelings transform into a song, titled for the first time.
- Ichika Hoshino (voiced by Noguchi Ruriko)
- Saki Tenma (voiced by Karin Isobe)
- Honami Mochizuki (voiced by Reina Ueda)
- Shiho Hinomori (voiced by Yuki Nakashima)
Accompanied by Miku and Luka. They were childhood friends, but Ichika became distant due to certain circumstances.
More More Jump!
- Minori Hanasato (voiced by Yui Ogura)
- Haruka Kiritani (voiced by Mayu Yoshioka)
- Airi Momomi (voiced by Ai Furihata)
- Shizuku Hinomori (voiced by Rina Honnizumi)
Accompanied by Miku and Rin. The dreams of being an idol shows in the bright penlights in their Sekai.
- Kohane Azusawa (voiced by Akina)
- An Shiraishi (voiced by Tomomi Jiena Sumi)
- Akito Shinonome (voiced by Fumiya Imai)
- Toya Aoyagi (voiced by Kento Itou)
Accompanied by Miku, Len and MEIKO. Kohane is shy, but the world of street music is opened up to her by An.
Wonderlands x Showtime
- Tsukasa Tenma (voiced by Daisuke Hirose)
- Emu Otori (voiced by Hina Kino)
- Nene Kusanagi (voiced by Machico)
- Rui Kamishiro (voiced by Shun’ichi Toki)
Accompanied by Miku and KAITO. Their Sekai takes the form of a colourful theme park.
25-ji Night Code de.
- Kanade Yoisaki (voiced by Tomori Kusunoki)
- Mafuyu Asahina (voiced by Rui Tanabe)
- Ena Shinonome (voiced by Minori Suzuki)
- Mizuki Akiyama (voiced by Hinata Satou)
Accompanied by Miku. They seem to have lost their way…
In the game proper, you’ll be able to travel between the real world and Sekai through “Untitled”. Tap, slide and flick to match free-form rhythm notes. There will also be “original 3D music videos”, but some are in 2D mode only.
You’ll be able to play songs from a wide variety of creators: including tracks from Project Diva, alongside newly commissioned songs (currently revealed names are DECO*27, Mitchie M, Giga, PinnochioP and mafumafu)!
- “Just Be Friends” by Dixie Flatline
- “Sweet Magic” by Junky
- “Viva Happy” by Mitchie M
- “Miracle Paint” by OSTER project
- “Rettou Joutou” by Reol and Giga
- “Roki” by Mikoto-P
- Theme Song #1 written by Giga & Michie M
- Theme Song #2
- and more…
Difficulty options range from: Easy, Normal, Hard, Expert and Master.
There will be costumes and some also have colour variations. An additional major feature will be announced at a later date.
Last but not least, the story will be fully voiced, in Live 2D! That’s all we know for now, are you looking forward to it? Check out the website here.
Discussion about this post