Our yearly wait for PES is now over as PES2020 hits the store today for PS4, Xbox One, and PC! PES with its competitive rival FIFA has been in a tough and consecutive fight with each other to stand as the best football game for gamers to enjoy. This year seems pretty bring for PES as they won Best Sports Game of the Game Critics Awards on E3 2019.
KONAMI also announced their newly partnered clubs Juventus FC, FC Barcelona, Arsenal FC, FC Bayern München and Manchester United. This means that their kit, crest and stadium will be featured exclusively in eFootball PES 2020.
More about their Juventus Partnership can be found here.
Other than clubs, KONAMI has 2 legendary footballers joining their roster in order to further more improve their game. Andrés Iniesta, a crazily strong midfielder that helped both Spain and FC Barcelona dominate the leagues. Ronaldinho, the man with a fleet footwork that creates a very unique style of football. With these 2 legendary members now in KONAMI’s hands, we can only expect them to push their team harder. With Ronaldinho to help them improvise their animations and techniques available within the game; Iniesta to help making a better immersion and come up with more authenticity within their KONAMI’s eFootball IP.
So what changes did they make this year?
Master League Remastered
- An interactive dialogue system that will decide the player character’s story progressions
- Brand-new algorithm for the transfer market
- featuring transfers, transfer fees, salaries and others
- Creating and customizing sponsor logos that can be displayed on the media backdrop during interviews and Master League main menu screen
- Manager customization
- 18 legendary managers for you to choose as your avatar
- featuring Clife, Maradona, Zico, Romeario, Bebeto, Roberto Carlos, Mateus, Fritt
- Allows players to choose a side during weekly events and earn points while playing
- Players will be chosen based on their performance to compete against each others
- Live streaming is confirmed for the finals
Additional Game Features
- Lighting engine enhancement
- for player models and cutscenes
- Replay footage
- a new preset camera angle that emphasizes at broadcasting
eFootball.Open and eFootball.Pro
With the success last year, KONAMI is putting a heavy focus on their competitive side as well. eFootball.Open is a tournament that can be held within casual users. As of now, there is an allocation of US$2M with significant prizes for eFootball.Pro.
eFootball.Pro now will only allow professional, real-world football clubs from EU region to select 3 esports players to compete in a 3v3 CO-OP format throughout the season.
eFootball.Open will replace PES LEAGUE. 1v1 will only be the format for eFootball.Open. Players are only allowed to select one club when they enter and compete alongside others who picked the same club. Schedules and clubs available in eFootball.Open will be the same as eFootball.Pro.
eFootball.Open will have 3 classes:
Top-tier users from eFootball.Open will be able to proceed to Regional and then World Finals. a General schedule can be seen below.
if you want to learn more about eFootball, click the link here.
There are so much that you can play around and new modes to compete with each other online! eFootball PES2020 STANDARD (Digital & Physical) and LEGEND (Digital) Editions are now in stores! A set of PES themed Thumbsticker cover will be a bonus if you purchased the Physical Edition of eFootball PES2020!
If you want to read more about PES that we covered previously, here are the links: