Fan of the Mega Man X/ Rockman X series, Rejoice! It’s been quite some time since we have encountered official games for Mega man titles, especially after the recent hit, “Mega Man 11”. Ever since then, there were no news about the franchise giving us another release on another Mega Man or Mega Man X related games. “DO NO FALTER!”, as long as the fanbase is constantly riding the wave of hopes, soon Capcom will be encouraged to push out another sequel from the games.
But that’s not what we are here today! Just today, Capcom Taiwan announced the duration for Closed Beta for their game “Mega Man X DiVE”. As a big fan of X myself, this is a chance that we as the fanbase of the franchise should show our support.
If you didn’t follow with the updates with the devs, here’s a short TL;DR for you:
The story happens within a digital world called “Deep Log” where the database is managed by RICO, a female Reploid. With the recent errors within the “Deep Log”, the player takes a role of Mega Man X and a few other characters introduced within the franchise to eliminate and repair the data.
“Mega Man X DiVE” would be 2D side-scrolling action platformer which heavily referenced from “Mega Man Maverick Hunter X”.
- Allows 2 players to play together within the same level
- 3 VS 3 PvP
- A team based combat mode where players face off each other with their favorite character
Other than that, the devs also introduced a few functions that will be featured within the game.
- Autolock Enemy
- This will help the player to aim at a certain character until it is dead
- Chip System
- After defeating a boss, a chip of the boss will drop which allows the players to equip it and use one of the boss’s skills as an ability
- Multiple equipment system
- Sabers and X Buster will be the main highlight but there are other options to choose as well
Up till now, the game has been showing promising developing progress but there are still more to come. Closed Beta will be live and we are sure to give you a first impression of the game! So if you want to catch up with the game, check out their Facebook Page here!
If you just want to have a quick skip and head towards the download link, you can access it right here!