LEVEL UP KL 2018 is an annual Southeast Asia premier industry event for games developers initiated by MDEC (Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation). The event is making a return for its fourth year to KL this coming 27th to 31st October bringing local and regional games industry community together. With this year’s theme, ‘Beyond Entertainment’, it will be reflecting on core ideas that the game industry is not only revolutionizing entertainment, but also playing a role in driving efficiency, innovation and disrupting other sectors of the economy.
During the event, there are 10 programmes lined up with the main Conference happening on the 30th and 31st at the Connexion Conference & Event Center (CCEC). Below are the rest of the structured programmes:
1. Southeast Asia Game Jam (27 – 28 October 2018)
2. Global Top Round (27 – 28 October 2018)
3. Masterclass Workshops (27 – 29 October 2018)
4. Unity @ KL (28 October 2018)
5. Business Connection Programme (29 October 2018)
6. LEVEL UP KL 2018 Conference (30 – 31 October 2018)
7. LEVEL UP KL 2018 Exhibition & Southeast Asia showcase (30 – 31 October 2018)
8. Partner Tracks & Workshop (30 – 31 October 2018)
9. Networking Night (30 October 2018)
10. Southeast Asia Game Awards (31 October 2018)
The main Conference will feature top industry players from around the world, covering five conference tracks; AAA games, technology partner, indie games, eSports and education, and beyond entertainment, as well as both business and technical facets of various games development platform such as mobile, PC and console. The events above will take place in several locations around Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur with the main Conference and exhibition happening at Connexion Convention Centre & Exhibition Centre (CCEC) and other locations including Level Up Inc. in Komune and ASEAN Data Analytics Exchange (ADAX).
Of course, as LEVEL UP KL 2018 aims to gather the industry’s professionals together including investors, funders and students that build the game ecosystem, there are about 60 speakers from Malaysia and international guests expected at the event. They will be sharing their experience and industry insights during the conferences. Below are some of the speakers to name a few:
- Michael Mumbauer (Sony)
- Wan Hazmer (Metronomik)
- Chris Murphy (Epic Games)
- Sam Carlisle (Microsoft)
- David Lam (Turn 10)
- Atsuo Nakayama (Bushiroad)
- Anisa Sanusi (Hutch Games)
Below are the types of tickets and prices:
For more info, you can check out their official site!