Indonesia-based indie developer Ozysoft has announced Project Buramato, a high fantasy 3D action-adventure platformer based on traditional Bornean folktales.
It is planned to release in 2022 on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC
Here are a few Key Features we know about the game:
- A 3D action shooter platformer video game based on the high fantasy settings of traditional Bornean folktales.
- Play the game in fast-paced third-person action.
- Minimalistic storytelling focused on the atmosphere.
- Fight mystical creatures via magic-focused shooter gameplay.
- Explore the land of the old lords in beautiful semi-open world environments.
Ozysoft is most well known for their psychological horror game Pulang Insanity which was so recived that it even got a director’s cut.
Project Buramato seems to take some cues from Xenoblade Chronicles or Genshin Impact with its color green landscape. That being said, the art style of the monsters, characters, and architecture is distinctly South East Asian, with that Bornean folktale inspiration out in clear view.
Indonesian indie games seem to be on the rise as a gacha game from the country, Code Atma was also released earlier this year. Here’s hoping we can see more cool new games from SEA developers in the coming years.