Without apparently much fanfare, Idolmaster SideM: Growing Stars will launch on 6 October 2021, as announced on the official Twitter. It looks much closer to a typical mobile rhythm game unlike its predecessor LIVE ON ST@GE, besides what you could say to be more polished-looking. Previously, several details of the game were revealed including:
- Go through a fully voiced main story with Live2D models for higher degree of expression
- As a new producer in 315 Production, learn more about the idols under your care through Idol Episodes
- There will be Episode Zero episodes that talk about the past
- You’ll be able to chat with idols through the in-game Talk function, as well as through phone calls
- Enjoy a rhythm game experience with four difficulty options
- Songs now have animated dances in the background, with certain songs also having “Singing Parts” featuring a performer of your choice during team building
- All present units and members have had revamped costumes and logos
C.FIRST – pronounced “class first” – is a new 3-member idol unit, consisting of high school student council presidents; Shu Amamine, Momohito Hanazono, and Eishin Mayumi, introduced to this title.
Players will be receiving a “training item set”, currency for 10 gacha pulls and a SR selector ticket as part of the pre-registration rewards. Recommended specifications for running the game are provided as follows:
- Android: OS 7.0 or later, 3GB RAM or more
- iOS: OS 13.0 or later, iPhone 7 or newer
If you’re ready to go to bat for the male branch of the Idolmaster franchise, then be sure to checkout SideM Growing Stars when its launch comes.