Genshin Impact has proven once again being a runaway success, hitting the 1 billion earnings mark for mobile alone in under six months of release. The numbers via Sensor Tower have estimated $874 million in the first five months from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, with player spending averaging around $160 million per month since December. As March ends, Genshin Impact‘s earnings stand at over $148 million, with Sensor Tower’s report saying the game is on track to hit its best month since October raked in $233.7 million. If that wasn’t already mind boggling, these numbers are strictly for mobile.
Rankings wise, Genshin is at a comfortable third place revenue earner on both iOS and Android stores behind PUBG Mobile and Honor of Kings in China. Outside of the country, it’s top grossing instead, amassing over $129 million internationally over the past 30 days. The game is undisputedly the top RPG both in and out of China with these numbers.
Sensor Tower adds that Genshin‘s 1 billion mark earnings under six months beat out Pokemon Go (nine months) and Lineage M (10 months). Other noteworthy money making endeavours include incredible single day earnings:
- Zhongli: $15.5 million
- Albedo: $9.1 million
- Ganyu: $14.8 million
- Xiao: $15.1 million
- Hu Tao: $12.9 million
Territories spending the most money are:
- China: $302 million on iOS / 29.5% globally
- Japan: $278.3 million on iOS / 27.2%
- United States: $189 million on iOS / 18.5%
Most spending is done on iOS for China, at $615 million or 60% of revenue with Android trailing at $409.4 million or the remaining 40%. Outside of China, Android wins out at 56.7% to iOS’ 43.3% spending.
The trend can only continue, as more characters and events get released, so congratulations to miHoYo!