Gamers Hideout has concluded their fundraiser project as organized through Mystartr, securing themselves RM651,000 in funding from 84 investors. This is over their minimum investment of RM500,000 but falls short of the RM5,000,000 goal.
There were “early bird promotions” funding tiers, the highest of which was RM102,000 by one investor towards Gamers Hideout. That package includes:
- Type of share: Redeemable Convertible Preference Shares (RCPS)
- Maturity Period: 5 years
- Number of shares: 680
- Subscription Price per share: RM 150.00
- Gift box worth RM 1,888
- 1 year LEET Membership worth RM 99
The project page outlines the solutions Gamers Hideout has to address the problems within the gaming industry, namely:
- Efficient omnichannel for seamless service towards customers, from physical stores to mobile apps
- Ecosolutions to extend outdated consoles or games through trade-ins, refurbishing, repair and servicing, rent-to-own
- Services e.g. LEET Membership to provide privileges including priority access, exclusive promotions, Gamers Protection Plan for after-sales service
Naturally, the funding is also intended to continue strengthening, optimizing and improving their current structure. As is, Gamers Hideout has five physical outlets, growth on their digital storefronts, and will look to capitalize on the projected growth of Malaysia’s market size in sales of video games.
At time of writing, their last update was regarding their blockchain initiative, while we should be able to expect another one soon following the end of the campaign.