As the dust settles for the regional qualifiers in the lead-up to the final Dota 2 LAN tournament of the year, ESL One Kuala Lumpur 2023, a total of twelve teams will be participating at the event.
A total of twelve teams will be attending the main event held at the Malaysia International Trade and Exhibition Centre (MITEC) held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from the 11th to 17th December.
Due to health reasons, the initially invited TI Champion Team Spirit had to drop out of the event; with the free slot being allotted to the Western European Qualifier as the next most competitive region according to ESL’s rankings.
ESL One Kuala Lumpur 2023 will see each of the 12 teams from across the globe compete against each other for the title and the biggest share of the $1,000,000 total prize pool.
Here are the teams that are confirmed to compete in ESL One Kuala Lumpur 2023:
- Gaimin Gladiators [Invited]
- LGD Gaming [Invited]
- Azure Ray [Invited]
- Team Liquid [Western Europe Qualifier]
- Team Secret [Western Europe Qualifier]
- BetBoom Team [Eastern Europe Qualifier]
- 9Pandas [Eastern Europe Qualifier]
- Team Falcons [Middle East and Northern Africa Qualifier]
- Invictus Gaming [China Qualifier]
- Blacklist International [Southeast Asia Qualifier]
- TSM [North America Qualifier]
- Wawitas Sagazes [South America Qualifier]
Across a week of competition starting on 1th December 2023, the teams will be divided into two groups of six, with the top four teams from each group facing off in the live Playoffs at MITEC where only one can be crowned champion.