Good news for Contra fans! A new twin-stick, third-person action shooter to the Contra series – Contra: Rogue Corps was announced by Konami during E3 2019! The game will be available on September 24 for PS4, Xbox One, PC (Steam) and Nintendo Switch.
Here are some details of the game via Konami:
Several years after the events of the Alien Wars, Contra: Rogue Corps follows a former military group living on the fringes as bounty hunters and treasure finders in the Damned City. Survival requires fast reactions, powerful weapons and the occasional organ and cybernetic augmentation. Players will complete missions in PVE campaigns, gathering resources to upgrade their guns to stay alive in the Damned City. If all else fails… bring in a friend online and mow-down enemies together in online multiplayer mode!
- Action shooter with fast-paced, run and gun style gameplay.
- Choose from four diverse characters with their own unique skills and specialty attacks – determine weapons load out, customize and craft unique weapons and create a perfect symphony of destruction throughout the Damned City.
- Operation Room – Upgrade characters and abilities, augmenting each with improved organs and cybernetics.
- PVE – Deep single player Story campaign mode chock-full of challenging missions among hordes of enemies. Go solo or group with up to 4 friends or random players online* in multi-player.
- PVP – Create custom matches (private mode) for one-versus-one, two-versus-two, three-versus-three, four-versus-four, or one-versus-four players.
- Local Couch Co-Op modes with up to four players on all platforms.
More details available at the official site. What are your thoughts about the new Contra game? Tell us your opinions below!