Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai: Hero’s Bonds will soon be commencing its closed beta test on 7 April 2021, with applications open until 5 April. The schedule is as follows:
- 16th March 2021 (Tuesday) – 5th April 2021 (Monday): Closed Beta Test application period
- 7th April 2021 (Wednesday) – 16th April 2021 (Friday): Closed Beta Test
Note that the closed beta test is only for Android devices. These time slots are based on the game’s description on its Japanese Play Store page.
According to a press release from Square Enix, the closed beta test will be available in Singapore, Japan, Canada, England, France, Australia, and New Zealand. Players can choose between English and Japanese language options during the closed beta test. Those who wish to learn more about the closed beta test can check out the game’s website.
4gamer had early access to the closed beta, with their full experience available to be read here (Japanese only). Some of the things we can gather are:
- Two stories that come together to move a main plot
- Characters acquired through the story, no rarities attached
- Gacha is for equipment and skills
- Character growth is determined through their levels, equipment and skills, and growth boards
- Growth boards can help you skew a character to a particular specialty
- Characters move along the three lanes and automatically attack when they’re close to an enemy
- Can also backstep with a flick, or defend by holding a press on the screen
- Can choose to control either the main unit or your companions
- There are special moves on cooldowns. Cooldowns don’t require the character to be on the field to count down
- Additional effect on special move use depending on conditions
- Characters also have unique secret moves
We’ll see post the closed beta of Dragon Quest Dai if there’ll be a confirmation for its release date, which is currently unknown at time of writing.