Dragon Quest TACT will be opening pre-registrations from 10 June 2020. No pre-registration milestones have been announced yet, but we can safely assume we’ll likely know once the date is closer. The game is still scheduled for release sometime in 2020.
We’ve previously reported on the game’s announcement prior. TACT is basically an SRPG with the Dragon Quest flavour to be made available for mobile devices. Your units will be in grids for you to select and control, with battles done in 3D. A closed beta test had been held as well, with the feedback provided by players revealed on the official website report:
Some of the comments included:
- Praising quality of 3D graphics
- Much replayability
- Low rarity characters are still usable in content
- A casual tactics game that doesn’t lose the spirit of Dragon Quest
- Not too difficult, and comes with auto function
- Intuitive controls
- Enemy details cannot be checked on placement screen, among other battle-related grouses
- To be changed for the full release
- Equipment can be upgraded but may be too random and too low a chance, and no tutorial
- Also to be updated accordingly
- UI to see various changes as well
It’s nice to see the development team being open with the comments and mentioning the changes they will make according to player feedback. While we hope for a global release at some point, join in the pre-registrations for Dragon Quest TACT and give it a go.