Disney have announced more details for Disney Mirrorverse, the new mobile game set to release this summer featuring bold reimaginings of classic Disney characters.
Disney Mirrorverse will release on June 23rd, but you can pre register for it now on iOS and Android devices ahead of its release.
Rather than grab your favorite Disney Characters through a portal a la Heroes of the Storm, Disney Mirrorverse instead features alternate universes that mix them with a dash of more modern fantasy- Belle is now a powerful mage, while characters like Sully from Monsters Inc is a powerful warrior clad in Scare-Tech armor.
You’ll build parties of up to three of these Guardians, engaging in different types of missions where you’ll have them do battle against evil Fractured forces to defend a magic mirror:
- STORY MODE: Immerse yourself in an original storyline of tasks and quests to complete–experience the story of the Mirrorverse and the Ages of Isolation, Discovery, and the Fractured.
- STORY QUESTS: Updated every few months, new chapters to the main Story Quest or side stories featuring select heroes and villains will be constantly added for players to battle through and compete.
- EVENT QUESTS: Players can participate in limited-time quests that tie into real-world Disney and Pixar-inspired content and events, and offer unique characters, awards, and progression items during a specific timeframe.
- ALLIANCE MISSIONS: Join an Alliance and work together to complete event milestones and earn great rank-based rewards by competing against other Alliances.
- TOWER OF TROUBLES: Players climb through progressively harder encounters while using a themed team of Guardians to earn progression items.
- DANGEROUS DUNGEONS: Players compete against other players and alliances worldwide in ever-changing dungeons to earn progression items and other unique awards.
All Your Favorites Reimagined
Naturally, the big draw of Disney Mirrorverse is its assortment of reimagined Disney characters in the form of MIrrorverse Guardians. These aren’t just your standard characters like Buzz Lightyear or Elsa, either- characters you’d never have thought to see in an action-RPG make their appearance here as well, such as Scrooge McDuck or even Judy Hopps from Zootopia
It’s not just heroes either- Disney Villains are recruitable too, such as the powerful Maleficent or even the charismatic Scar to really give your roster something to show off.
Disney says they’ll be planning a monthly content release schedule for the game, so even if your favorite isn’t part of the launch roster don’t be surprised if they get added to the game shortly after.