Season 5 of Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War and Warzone will be released on August 12th.
The free content that will be introduced this season will include a double agent mode in Multiplayer allowing you to appear to be working for the opposing team, a first for the series. There will also be a return of classic Black Ops maps as well as new zombie content and new perks in a warzone.
Here’s the latest cinematic trailer for the season:
The trailer features a new character named Kitsune, a Japanese cybersecurity expert and thief who will be a key character in season 5. Here’s the description of her back story:
“Born in Kobe, Kitsune left her family’s organized crime past behind to join Perseus, aligning her values with that set by the new world order they are trying to install. Cautious, thorough, and effective, Kitsune relishes any chance she has to use her enemy’s tools against them.”
The over list is content for Black Ops Cold War season 5:
BLACK OPS COLD WAR CONTENT:
- Become a Double Agent in the Newest Multiplayer Game Mode
- Demolition Returns In-Season
- Five Fresh Multiplayer Maps
- New Scorestreak – The Flamethrower
- New Zombies Content – New Perk, Field Upgrade, Support Weapon, and More
- New Outbreak Content – New Region, Objective, Tank, Grapple Gun, and Intel
- New Onslaught Content (PlayStation®) – New Map and Intel
- New Perks – Combat Scouting and Tempered
- New Points of Interest – Broadcast Stations and [[REDACTED]]
- New Gulag – Rush
- Clash Debuts In-Season
- The Red Doors Grow Unstable… Mid-Season Event Coming Soon
WARZONE AND BLACK OPS COLD WAR CONTENT:
- Three New Operators
- Four New Weapons
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 5 and goes live on August 12. These will follow updates to both games that will take place on August 10th and 11th respectively.
You can download the season’s assets here
Call of Duty: Cold War is available now for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox series X and PC. Call of Duty Warzone is an online free to play shooter available now for the same consoles.
Here is a quick recap of everything that arrived in the game during season 4