Hey-ho, Vault Hunters, Borderlands 3 is seeing its first campaign add-on, and other content updates! Moxxi’s Heist of The Handsome Jackpot is slated for a 20 December launch in Asia. Details were revealed on episode three of The Borderlands Show, with regular hosts Greg Miller and Fran Mirabella. Gearbox Studio Head Randy Pitchford was also present to delve into the details of the casino-raiding caper.
Moxxi’s getting you to seize control of a derelict space station, one built by Handsome Jack during his tenure as President of Hyperion. You’re right in thinking it’s probably the gaudiest gambling spot in the galaxy: neon signs, slot machines and gold statues. The other punters include deadly Hyperion Loader Bots, and lunatic looters trapped on board since Jack’s death. That’s not all of course:
- Explore a glitzy new galaxy destination packed with unique zones worthy of Handsome Jack’s lavish lifestyle and dirty dealings;
- Join Moxxi’s crew of eccentric characters and pull off the ultimate casino heist in a series of thrilling campaign missions;
- Discover hidden secrets and strange happenings in The Handsome Jackpot via fresh side missions and Crew Challenges;
- Get a blast from Pandora’s past when you battle the Hyperion forces that outlived Handsome Jack, including never-before-seen enemies and larger-than-life bosses;
- Perfect your Vault Hunter’s gear loadout with all-new Legendary weapons and gear;
- Expand your collection of cosmetics with even more customization items, including Vault Hunter heads and skins, weapon trinkets, an ECHO Device skin, and new emotes.
Moxxi’s Heist of The Handsome Jackpot is tuned for characters who are at least level 13, but Vault Hunters will be scaled up accordingly for higher-level characters for the challenge and appropriate loot. Sanctuary III must be unlocked, your space home base you reach at the end of the prologue. You can learn more here. Check out the gameplay below!
Moxxi’s Heist of The Handsome Jackpot is the first of four DLC packs in development for Borderlands 3, included in the Season Pass and Super Deluxe Edition. You can also play Borderlands 3 for free on Xbox One and Playstation 4 from 22 – 25 November.
Meanwhile, you can play Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite and Mayhem 4! The former is a brand new raid-style challenge for coordinated co-op parties of four max-level characters. Respawning is limited for that deadly flavour. The latter is a spin on Mayhem Mode: all player penalties are removed, and applies only two random modifiers: one for players, and one for enemies. It has its own exclusive batch of Legendary gear only available on Mayhem 4.
Other patch updates include:
- All bosses will now have dedicated loot pools so you can more efficiently farm for coveted Legendary items;
- Maximum Bank Space will be upgraded from 50 to 300 slots; as usual, SDUs that boost your bank size can be purchased from Marcus aboard Sanctuary III;
- A Target Dummy wearing a very familiar mask will be installed in Sanctuary III’s shooting range so you can safely test out your weapons;
- New Vending Machines will be deployed across multiple maps;
- Players will notice overall UI performance improvements.
Last but not least is Mayhem 2.0. This is a long-term plan to overhaul Mayhem Mode with more UI support, new Mayhem Modifiers for more drastic gameplay changes, playlists, new rewards and additional Mayhem levels. More 2.0 information will be available next year.
Which will it be? Moxxi’s Heist, or the Maliwan Takedown?