Soon after the announcement of Utawarerumono: Lost Flag, we get news from Aquaplus on the choice of platform. The developer also dropped hints of console games in the works.
- The theme of the game is about how each character has lost something
- Game is being developed for mobile in order to reach a bigger audience. Also, many people have requested for a mobile title
- For the Utawarerumono franchise to reach more people, Shimokawa thinks that the mobile platform cannot be ignored
- The game is set in a completely new region. However, it may or may not take place in the same Utawarerumono world. (Shimokawa being deliberately vague here)
- Compared to the main protagonists of the previous titles, Asuta has a very different vibe
- Minagi and Suzuri have special roles, their outfits serve as hints. The Famitsu scans states that Suzuri is garb in a mourning dress. Speculation: Minagi may be a shrine priestess of sorts
- Many characters from previous Utawarerumono titles will appear
- The game will be an RPG. Aquaplus will make it easy to play on mobile without compromising on the series’ image/style
- There are other on-going projects and the list includes console games
The game slated for a 2019 release in Japan for the Android and iOS platforms. If you want to know more, you can follow the official Twitter account for updates.