Soon after the announcement of Utawarerumono: Lost Flag, we get news from Aquaplus on the choice of platform. The developer also dropped hints of console games in the works.
In the latest Famitsu issue, Aquaplus president Naoya Shimokawa mentioned a few important things. We’ve listed the gist of what was mentioned, with the original text extracted by Ryokutya2089:
- The theme of the game is about how each character has lost something
- Game is being developed for mobile in order to reach a bigger audience. Also, many people have requested for a mobile title
- For the Utawarerumono franchise to reach more people, Shimokawa thinks that the mobile platform cannot be ignored
- The game is set in a completely new region. However, it may or may not take place in the same Utawarerumono world. (Shimokawa being deliberately vague here)
- Compared to the main protagonists of the previous titles, Asuta has a very different vibe
- Minagi and Suzuri have special roles, their outfits serve as hints. The Famitsu scans states that Suzuri is garb in a mourning dress. Speculation: Minagi may be a shrine priestess of sorts
- Many characters from previous Utawarerumono titles will appear
- The game will be an RPG. Aquaplus will make it easy to play on mobile without compromising on the series’ image/style
- There are other on-going projects and the list includes console games
The game slated for a 2019 release in Japan for the Android and iOS platforms. If you want to know more, you can follow the official Twitter account for updates.
Discussion about this post