Square Enix have revealed more details for Trials of Mana, featuring legendary creatures, Elementals, switching Classes, map obstacles and a new feature: Flashback Playthrough.
You’ll be meeting Flammie (left) and Vuscav (right).
Flammie is the Winged Defender, the emissary of the Goddess of Mana, said to protect the mountains and sky. You can summon this young dragon with the Flammie Drum to fly the party around the map.
Vuscav is the mysterious ruler of the seas on Beuca Island. He’s usually wary of people, but is also surprisingly helpful.
The 8 Elementals possess their differing powers, moves and personalities. Use their magical abilities to aid you on your journey.
- Gnome (Earth)
- This elemental has power over the very rocks. His trademark bushy beard and pointy hat make him a down-to-earth ally.
- Undine (Water)
- Her powers encompass pure water and deadly ice shards. She’s quick to tear up, but never ignores a person in trouble.
- Salamando (Fire)
- He brandishes a fiery lance to match his fiery powers over flame and lava. It doesn’t take much to make his blood boil.
- Sylphid (Wind)
- This elemental controls wind, clouds, and lightning. His large ears help him listen in on whatever the wind wants to whisper.
- Luna (Moon)
- Her mysterious light can bewitch and befuddle people. Luna’s four glowing petals surround her.
- Dryad (Wood)
- This elemental controls trees and plants, making it the closest to pure mana power. Lush fronds create her beautiful hair.
- Lumina (Light)
- His bright light keeps evil at bay. He knows the ins and outs of the powers of light and reflection.
- Shade (Dark)
- This elemental manipulates the power of all-consuming darkness. His large, black wings and huge eye are striking.
You can strengthen your characters by switching classes from your default Class 1. You can move from Class 2, to your final form in Class 3. New class strikes and magic spells will be available to your characters. Choose “Light” or “Dark” depending on how you want to develop them! For example, Duran can learn healing magic and use a shield in a Light class and be a balanced fighter. A Dark Duran gives him a lot of attack power and be unstoppably strong if properly buffed.
Battle features and classes have also been accordingly fine-tuned with the jump to 3D.
KNIGHT (Class 2)
- A protector class. Knights are proficient at both attack and defense. They can use shields, weapons, and healing magic to defend their allies
PALADIN (Class 3)
- A stamina-based, defensive class. Paladins can learn saber magic to imbue their allies’ attacks with the light element. They’re good for support.
LIEGE (Class 3)
- A balanced fighting class with good attack and defense. Lieges can also use healing magic to protect their allies and increase the party’s survival rate.
GLADIATOR (Class 2)
- A class with high attack. Gladiators can’t use shields, but they possess great power. They can use fire, water, earth, and wind saber magic to deal lots of damage to their foes
EDELFREI (Class 3)
- Edelfrei are great at attacking and can learn earth, water, fire, and wind saber magic. They excel at fighting techniques, able to strike at enemy weaknesses.
DUELIST (Class 3)
- One of the most powerful fighting classes, Duelists learn dark saber magic in addition to having a high attack stat.
SORCERESS (Class 2)
- A class with a variety of spells. Sorceresses can use different types of elemental magic to attack their enemy’s weakness. They can also take a hit with their high endurance.
GRAND DIVINER (Class 3)
- Grand Diviners can cast a powerful “Doppelganger” spell to split themselves and attack. They can cause lots of damage to enemies
ARCHMAGE (Class 3)
- Archmages can use the elemental powers at their disposal for a variety of powerful attacks. They also know a powerful non-elemental spell called “Glitter Dust.”
MYSTICIST (Class 2)
- A hard-hitting magic class. Mysticists deal a lot of damage thanks to their high intellect stat. They are proficient with dark spells and good at saving MP.
RUNE SEER (Class 3)
- Rune Seers can cause status effects to petrify, freeze, or change their enemies in battle. They also know powerful magic that can destroy an enemy instantly.
MAGUS (Class 3)
- Magi are a hard hitting class. They can cause massive damage with their wide array of magic attacks. One of their most potent attacks is “Ancient Curse.”
MONK (Class 2)
- A balanced warrior class. Good at both healing magic and fighting, Monks can support both themselves and their allies during battle.
DIVINE FIST (Class 3)
- Divine Fists can use their class strikes in quick succession to do lots of damage. They can also learn magic spells for recovery and more.
WARRIOR MONK (Class 3)
- Warrior Monks can absorb MP from enemies when they attack. They also learn wood saber magic. They have high attack, defense, and healing powers for a balanced warrior class.
BRAWLER (Class 2)
- A class that relies on brute strength. They do a lot of damage and are good with many weapons when they go forth in battle.
ENLIGHTENED (Class 3)
- Enlighteneds can boost their own HP by stealing that of their enemies. They are perfect as a front line fighter with their high attack power and moon saber magic.
FATAL FIST (Class 3)
- A powerhouse warrior class, Fatal Fists are an unbeatable attack class. They can use their class strike “Seiryu Strike” and cause lots of damage in the area of effect.
PRIESTESS (Class 2)
- A supportive healing class. Priestesses have a high spirit stat that increases their healing powers. They can use fire, water, earth, and wind saber magic to help their allies with more than just recovery magic.
HIGH CLERIC (Class 3)
- A super support class. High Clerics can learn many kinds of healing and recovery magic to save their allies.
SAGE (Class 3)
- Sages are a strong support class that can get rid of status effects and use saber magic on the whole party.
ENCHANTRESS (Class 2)
- A class for a fighting healer. In addition to healing, Enchantresses can learn attack magic. They can weaken their enemies before taking them down.
NECROMANCER (Class 3)
- A balanced class, Necromancers know powerful summoning magic for undead monsters. They can learn “Dark Curse” to lower an enemy’s stats.
WARLOCK (Class 3)
- A class that is good at weakening magic, Warlocks can also attack their enemies with the strong “Fetid Breath” spell.
RANGER (Class 2)
- A cunningly versatile class. Rangers can use magic that causes status effects, as well as attack enemies with traps. They befuddle their foes with tricky moves.
NOMAD (Class 3)
- Nomads can learn a wide variety of support magic to help their party come out on top in battle.
ROGUE (Class 3)
- Rogues can learn powerful trap attacks. Their specialties are versatile, meaning they can attack enemies at any range.
NINJA (Class 2)
- A technique-based, debuffing class. Ninjas use ninja moves and other special attacks that hinder their enemies. They excel at weakening their foes.
NINJA MASTER (Class 3)
- As the name suggests, Ninja Masters have advanced ninja moves. They can cause damage in an area to turn the tide of battle.
NIGHTBLADE (Class 3)
- Nightblades can learn “Weapon Smack,” as well as “Needle Shower” that can silence enemies and nullify their attacks. Their brilliant attacks can blow away the enemy.
VALKYRIE (Class 2)
- A strengthening support class. Valkyries can boost all stats to help their allies. They help cover the party’s weaknesses by bolstering their strengths.
VANADIS (Class 3)
- A support class with great stamina, Vanadis are a solid presence in the party. They can learn the summoning spell “Freya.”
STARLANCER (Class 3)
- Starlancers is a balanced class that can support the party by strengthening them in battle. They can learn magic to boost stats and have their own fair share of stamina.
RUNE MAIDEN (Class 2)
- A debuffing support class. Rune Maidens can weaken an enemy and make it easier for the party to win.
DRAGON MASTER (Class 3)
- Dragon Masters can learn to decrease an enemy’s stats and summon “Jormungandr” to deal lots of damage and sometimes poison their opponent.
FENRIR KNIGHT (Class 3)
- Fenrir Knights can impede enemies by decreasing their stats. They can lead their party to victory.
You can play through a flashback of the beginning of a companion’s story when you meet them. You can either play it to experience their side of the story before meeting you. You can also skip it to listen to their recounting instead.
There’ll be interactable points on the map. You’ll have to figure out how to work your way past traps! With lava pools, you’ll take damage if you walk in them. With 3D graphics, field obstacles are more readily recognizable.
Are you excited for the Seiken Densetsu 3 remake? With all these Trials of Mana details, it certainly seems to be shaping up to be a game worthy of the name!