CooCooSqueaky and PQube have just released their announcement trailer for Tears of Avia on Steam. Previously slated to release in Q4 2019, they had to delay the game to Q1 2020. Take a look at the trailer here!
Tears of Avia is a turn-based tactical RPG with hundreds of abilities. Create a party with up to five heroes, choose your favorite skills, and equip them with the best gear. Unique abilities can be gained from both a character’s class as well as the weapon you equip.
Figuring out the best combination of abilities and finding the right synergy between party members is just as important as your tactics in combat itself. Explore the world and experiment with new skills as you seek to save Estera.
Many abilities either have a direct or indirect effect with one another. For example, you might use a skill that causes burning and follow up that skill with another one which is more effective if the target is burning. The choices are there for you to make. Combine abilities to create powerful combos against your foes, or combine defensive abilities to negate the deadliest attacks. Combine burn, freeze, stun, cripple and more to obtain your goals, and use retaliation, redirects, immunities and more to halt the death of your heroes.
Decide your fate with a deep branching narrative and choice driven decisions. Your actions may lead to an outcome which the world of Estera may not deserve. Should your party feature characters from all sides of the war, opinions may clash and it may not always be for the better.
- Customize Your Party to Your Own Play Style – Tears of Avia richly rewards build-craft. Carefully combine Ranger, Warrior, Mage, Brawler & Priest classes to create a party suited to your own tactical strengths.
- Expansive Skill-Tree System – Customize and combine skills and discover the limitless ways in which they chain and react to one another—with profound consequences!
- Dynamic Storyline – The choices you make within your party shape the way the story unfolds and effects the dynamic of your party. Side missions are triggered by discussions between different characters.
- Weapons-Based Skills – The 100s of in-game skills can be derived both from class and the weapons you equip each character with to add a new layer of strategy.
- Explore a Vast and Immersive World – Traverse the beautiful and varied regions of Estera in search of the forgotten city of Avalon and a love lost hundreds of years previously.
- Nothing is Black and White – There are no right or wrong actions, but every action has consequences that can shape the way your journey unfolds…
You can wishlist the game on Steam now, if you’re interested. You can also check out our coverage of similar games to Tears of Aria.