Monster Crown is now available in Steam Early Access. This dark monster taming game is a one-man project developed by Jason Walsh, founder of Studio Aurum. Inspired by Dragon Warrior Monster 2, Keitai Denjū Telefang and the first two generations of Pokemon, the dream conceived in the late 90’s is now a reality. Dive into the good and evil of the human race in Monster Crown.
Becoming a competitive battler in Monster Crown will need you to breed the perfect monster out of over 200 base monsters roaming the wild. Monsters rule mankind on this land, and you’ll have to make pacts with the monsters to get them on your side, then breed them for offspring that is a mix of both parents. Each new species is unique with appearance, moves, stats, and moves that monsters can learn are all inheritable. A brilliant breeder could find themselves in high demand by competitive battlers and collectors.
Unravel Crown Island’s dark, cruel story as you create your own monster legacy. With a history of sadistic rulers and heroic saviors, the island faces another threat in the form of a malicious young woman seeking power. It’s up to you and the monsters you make pacts with to prevent the return of tyranny. Will your decisions make you a savior, or a dark messiah?
- Make pacts with monsters to receive their protection in return for shelter.
- Breed and fuse over 200 base monsters to create your own new species.
- Travel across Crown Island with your monster allies to uncover a dark world.
- Make a pivotal decision that will drastically change the ending and post-game.
- Play online to battle and trade, and have your new species reach across the globe.