Instead of wrangling with OBT tier lists that will more than likely change drastically anyway, the GamerBraves team spent a productive lunch hour ranking the Genshin Impact characters expected at launch based on their looks, personalities, preferences, you name it. Who has the best taste in husbandos and waifus? Drumrolls, please, for a Waifu Wednesday special.
- VA: Soma Saito
- That’s it
- VA: Toriumi Kohsuke (YURI LOWELL)
- We could always use more dark-skinned characters in anime style games
Xiao, Diluc, Razor
- Slightly more appealing designs than the boys in A Tier
- Astronomy theme
- Legs don’t hurt her chances
- Male Traveler ranks slightly higher than Female Traveler but I am concerned for his Luke ab window
- Cute, but not personalities or characters I generally enjoy
- Amber – Spunky looking girl, I like the design
- Barbara – She’s alright, pretty cute
- Beidou – Ara ara af, PEAK design
- Bennett – Not a big fan of the design
- Chongyun – he’s baby a good boye
- Diluc – Not a big fan of his hair
- Fischl – Unique look design
- Jean – DEM LEGS
- Kaeya – Pretty boy oppa material
- Keqing – She’s alright
- Klee – She’s cute but not a big fan of lolis
- Lisa – Her design is alright
- Mona – Kinda similar to Lisa but a younger version
- Ningguang – Royalty design fits her character
- Noelle – She’s pretty cute, dig the maid armour design
- Qiqi – Same as Klee
- Razor – He’s alright
- Sucrose – Not a big fan of her design
- Traveler – Main character tier
- Venti – Trap tier
- Xiangling – She’s alright not that big fan of her design
- Xiao – His design doesnt speak out to me much
- Xingqiu – Trap tier
Beidou gives off a lot of the same vibes that makes characters like Baiken (Guilty Gear) so popular. She looks fierce, and is totally capable of kicking your ass. And you know what? I’d let her.
Lisa, meanwhile, gives off the counter vibe to Beidou. She looks like the kind of person you could come home to and would listen to your complaints while telling you “there, there”.
- Diluc is high in S-tier because of several reasons: one, his sick coat. Two, he looks like a male Himeko. and three, the low ponytail. He looks like the kind of guy who’d listen to you complain while driving you home, secretly smiling to himself about how much he enjoys hearing you open up.
We’re all eagerly anticipating our journey into Teyvat, for sure. We’re just 5 days off to the launch, and many people coming off China’s OBT have plenty of things to say about it. Who’s your favourite? Did any of these characters get you interested in the title?
If you’re interested in starting out, we have a compilation of starter tips to help you get a headstart here.