Bandai Namco Entertainment has announced that their upcoming fighting game Tekken 8 will be having a closed network test which will occur on the PS5 from July 21st to July 24th and again from July 28th to July 31st for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam.
You can register for the Tekken 8 Closed Network Test on the game’s official website.
According to the details about the closed network test (via Gematsu), the purpose of the test is to examine the network system of the game and monitor the gameplay experience.
“We aim to obtain feedback on the quality of the network and gameplay. We would greatly appreciate it if all participants could provide feedback through an online survey that we plan to send out via email after the closed network test. Your valuable opinions will be used as a reference for adjustments to the battle system”.
Here is the content of the Network test:
- Ranked Matches (Up to 10 rank)
- Support Cross-platform Matchmaking
- “Heat Energy” has been removed.
- The upper limit (heat activation time) of the “Heat Timer” will change depending on how the heat is activated.
- The “Heat Smash” command has been standardized for all playable characters.
Playable Characters (15)
- Rebel Hangar
- Urban Square (Evening)
Tekken 8 will be launching for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.