From local Malaysian studio Dream Tree Studios is a curious game simply known as DeLight. The game will be made available on mobile devices – namely Android and iOS – as well as PC via Steam, with an estimated release date for Fall 2020. Here’s an overview of the game:
DeLight is a storytelling adventure game that focuses on the lives of civilians in time of war.
Play as Sammy, a little girl who is determined to reunite with her parents despite of her blindness. With the world becoming unkind, keeping her going is her unlikely companion: a stray dog named Deli, her only delight left in this world.
- Explore the world through the lens of a blind girl as she travels across the war-ridden city.
- A war story that focuses on the lives of the civilians.
- Make difficult choices. These choices will affect the story of the game.
- AI-controlled companion dog that assists you throughout the journey.
Navigating one’s way through a war-ridden city isn’t going to be easy at the best of times, much less when you have a disability. It’s already garnered a few rewards namely:
- MSC Malaysia IPCC (Intellectual Property Creators Challenge) 2017
- 16th International Mobile Gaming Awards Nominee
- Taipei Game Show Best Narration Indie Game Award 2020 Finalist
- Level Up KL Best Storytelling 2019
Follow Dream Tree Studios’ Facebook page and show your support for DeLight and your local game developers! We’ll look forward to seeing the story you want to tell.