The latest update for Diablo Immortal comes with a Class Change mechanic, among other challenges and events.
The biggest highlight for Diablo Immortal in this update is certainly the class change, headlining the blog post to begin with. First, some basics about Class Change:
- Visit the Shifting Flames brazier in Westmarch with a level 35 or above character
- Can be changed once every seven days at no cost with a one-time option to immediately revert to a previous class
- No current plans to purchase the ability to class change more frequently
- Changing to each class for the first time allows you to set your appearance and a full reset of your Paragon Trees, placeholder gear with equivalent rank of your previously equipped gear of your last class
- Clan, Warband, other social affiliations remain
- Some class specific cosmetics and gear will not carry over and will be put in your inventory. Associated items will be retained on returning to that class
Game Director, Wyatt Cheng, notes that Diablo players often chose a different class with new seasons. As Immortal does not have that system, he calls this their way of allowing players to try something new without losing their progress. “This is something we have never done before in the Diablo franchise and are very excited to see what players think.”
While they want to give you that choice to diversify, class identity remains important, hence the cooldown on the class change. “This gives players the freedom to explore something new while keeping your class choice meaningful,” explains Joe Grubb, Lead Game Designer.
Other game updates / events include:
- Hero’s Journey: An end-game experience that unlocks at the Frozen Tundra. Four chapters to start with more in the future, rewards include Legendary Crests with random rewards available after completion (which also includes Legendary Crests) so that it will feel worthwhile to put time into it; one of the options implemented to earn said Crests.
- Adventurer’s Path: Limited time event from 20 July 2022, 03:00 – 3 August 2022, 03:00 server time with rewards including 10 Aspirant’s Keys, Adventurer’s Laurel Portrait Frame, 1 Legendary Crest
- Gorgothra the Claimer: New Helliquary boss, third of the Wrathborne, coming 2 August 2022. Boasts petrification rays, bilious venom, and serpentine strikes.
- Hungering Moon: Limited time event from 29 July 2022, 03:00 – 1 August 2022, 03:00 server time where you can exchange Moonslivers for Blessings, which are then exchanged for a random reward including Enchanted Dust, Glowing Shards, Legendary gear and a bundle of 1 Legendary Crest and more.
- Feature updates:
- Complete a Weekly Warband Raid to purchase an Eternal Legendary Crest at 1600 Platinum
- Fading Ember cap increased from 200 to 280. 22 Fa Runes can be traded for an Eternal Legendary Crest
- New monster affixes in Shell and Siphon
- 36 new Class Legendary items
The full patch notes with balance updates and features can be found through the official blog.