Tales of Luminaria will only be using the English dub for its global release, according to its most recent Q&A session. You can watch it in full below:
The session covers a number of questions, answers for which can be summarized as follows:
- The game is the first in the Tales series with a cast of completely new characters, a new story and wholly intended with mobile in mind. As such, it is being considered a good starting point for series newbies, and will not be affecting the already released games thus far. Luminaria crossing over into other series games is completely possible.
- Mobile was their way to challenge themselves to evolve the series further with its 25th anniversary.
- Gacha system will be for costumes, weapons and accessories for all 21 main characters. ALL characters are free, 7 playable at launch with one episode each, then 1 new character weekly moving forward.
- 8 episodes for each character, additional 8 “Crossroads” episodes added between a character’s main episode, currently planned for weekly schedule.
- Portrait mode only.
- ~15 hours difference between launch of global and Japanese release, to compensate for timezones.
- No current plans to port to other platforms e.g. Steam, mobile only for now unless there’s enough interest.
- English version has English voices only, due to “many hurdles” in implementing the voices. Again, if there’s enough comments for it, then they’ll work to add in the Japanese dub as well.
- Regions getting the game at launch
- Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Republic of Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States
- Minimum specifications
- iOS: OS 13 or later (iPhone 8+ or iPhone X or later, 3GB RAM)
- Android: OS 8.0 or later, min. 3GB RAM (Galaxy S9 or later, 4GB RAM)
For fans, especially with the other Tales mobile game outings that did not include English dub, Luminaria not having the Japanese dub as an option is likely very disappointing to many. One really has to wonder what kind of complications they encountered. For the time being, you can check out the character introductions on the official game Twitter, and make your voice heard.
Discussion about this post