The first Pro Tem Committee for the Malaysia Esports Players Association (MESPA) has formed. The committee includes the likes of current and former professional players of the esports scene.
The Malaysia Esports Players Association aims to protect the rights of esports players around the country. Despite the high popularity of esports in Malaysia, an association similar to MESPA has yet to form. Due to this, the status and rights of esports players in Malaysia are left at risk of exploitation. The formation of MESPA aims to correct the situation.
However, MESPA has yet to officially form. Hence, the formation of the committee revolves around helping the association to launch officially. Committee members are as followed:
- President – Lim “Shige” Boon Shin (Professional FIFA Player)
- Vice President – Tiffani “Babyoling” Lim (Professional Female Dota 2 Player)
- Secretary General – Mohd Haqqani “2ez4jepv” Jaffar (Professional Mobile Legends Player)
- Treasurer – Kimberly “Kimberry” Chan (Professional Dota 2 and PUBG Female Player)
- Committee Members :
- Dawei “Xero” Teng (Former Professional Dota 2 Player)
- Ahmad “ADTR” Syazwan (Former Professional Player and Current Coach of Dota 2)
- Aiman “aimaNNN” Azham (Professional CSGO Player)
The formation of the Pro Tem Committee brings relief to both players and fans of esports. Furthermore, this shows that the Malaysian esports scene is moving forward in the right direction.
Source: Firdaus Hashim