Battlefield 2042 is going to start their brand-new season next week, bringing along a new map, vehicle and weapons.
Season 3 for Battlefield 2042 is titled Escalation and will be available on 22nd November,2022 for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC via Steam and EA Games.
In Escalation, you get to take on the first ever map to be based on Sweden with two facilities that have a landscape suited for both air and land battles.
To help you take on the new terrain, a new tank comes with a railgun mounted on top and two different modes for the tank that help you adapt to the situations thrown at you.
Find yourself troubled with enemies behind cover? Welcome the new Specialist Zain that can flush enemies out with his airbuster launcher and high rate of health recovery, making him the best choice to lead assaults.
Battlefield 2042 Season 3 will have four new weapons coming and mastering them will surely help you in dominating the field. Alongside this are new vault weapons for you to unlock and more to come as the season goes on.
Here’s a brief overview Season 3: Escalation:
- New Map: Spearhead – The first Battlefield map to be based in Sweden, featuring two Nordvik semi-automated manufacturing facilities filled with tech weaponry and components for weather machines.
- New Specialist: Zain – The latest Assault Specialist with the fastest health recharge in the field and has the ability to recover health after killing an enemy, with his XM370A airburst launch to flush enemies out of cover.
- New Vehicle: EMKV90-TOR – A new tank that can detect sources of incoming attacks and comes with two different modes; Mobility mode for swift travels and the Siege mode for stronger firepower.
- New Weapons:
- Rorsch MK-4 Railgun: Has a versatile underbarrel system with multiple firing mode options
- NVK-S22 Smart Shotgun: Dual-barreled semi-automatic weapon with destructive power in a compact and nimble package.
- NVK-P125 Bullpup Pistol: Semi-automatic sidearm with manufactured long barrel to shoot long distances with high precision
- Throwing Knives: Battlefield’s classic throwable to take enemies out quickly and quietly.
- New Assignments – Complete the assignments to unlock Vault weapons from Battlefield Portal for All Out Warfare including the XM8 LMG and A-91.
- New Battle Pass – 100 tiers that comes with Free and Premium rewards. Free tiers give you the new Specialist Zain along with weapons, vehicles and more while the Premium rewards you with Skins, Player Cards and more.
- Reworked Map – Manifest and Breakaway are both reworked. The major reworks include bringing the flags closer to each other in Manifest for faster pace of action while Breakaway has its point-of-interest moved and new pathways have been added.
- Reworked Specialists – Specialists are changed to move them back to Battlefield’s Class System with each Class to receive specific equipment, class gadgets and weapon proficiency for each class that provides gameplay benefits.
For more information of the new season and what is to come, do check out the official website for Battlefield 2042.