As part of their developer letter updates, Tales of Luminaria has announced that the global version will get Japanese voiceover, though the schedule is not determined. The letter notes that this has been a “highly requested feature”, and promises details in time regarding the implementation.
As noted in the first impressions, trying to “bypass” the global use of English voiceover instead of Japanese by downloading the Japanese client of Tales of Luminaria did not work. It’s hardly a major inconvenience as the game had far more pressing issues on its initial release, and it gives a chance for other voice talent to shine. Whatever it is, stay tuned for the update to come in whenever it’s ready, and expect your game’s file size to grow.
Other things to look forward to are:
- The upcoming anime adaptation airing January 2022, subtitled The Fateful Crossroad
- Separate attack and movement button options to suit tablet users
- “Your Journey Begins” Support Pack, available 23 December 2021 PST onwards
- Free 5-star costume of choice from Episode 1 summon pool. Also applicable to characters with unreleased episodes
- 50 x Elixir
- Two more Episodes est. coming 29 December 2021 PST
- Updates to Multiplayer Boss Battle
- Time slot changes to Friday 18:00 PST to following Wednesday 17:59 PST
- Previously: Friday 18:00 PST to following Friday 17:59 PST
If any of these changes appeal to you, do give the game another try.