To celebrate the London Spitfire winning last year’s inaugural Overwatch League Grand Finals comes Winston’s hero skin, “Flying Ace”. For 200 League Tokens, you can get this skin on all platforms until 16 September.
The London Spitfire team had visited Blizzard Entertainment in Irvine, California to get a sneak peek at the skin. You can see them join an Overwatch League broadcast team on tour and meeting developers working on the skin’s design.
You can purchase League Tokens through the in-game shop or by watching Overwatch League matches on Twitch. Visit the Overwatch League website for more information on drops.
In other news, Scott “Custa” Kennedy was awarded the Dennis Hawelka award for his positive impact on the Overwatch community. Overwatch League broadcaster Mitch “Uber” Leslie and Ponghop “Mickie” Rattanasangchod from the Dallas Fuel – the latter being 2018’s Hawelka award recipient – presented it to Custa.
On receiving the award, Custa said:
I try and be as positive and try to help as much as I can, but it’s not really something that you really consider for yourself. I try to do good, and seeing other people react and say, ‘We think you deserve this award,’ it’s a really big thing because it means I’m having a positive impact on other people.
- Corey – Core Nigra, Washington Justice
- Dding – Jinhyeok Yang, Shanghai Dragons
- Haksal – Hyojong Kim, Vancouver Titans
- sinatraa – Jay Won, San Francisco Shock
- iDK – Ho jin Park, Hangzhou Spark
- KariV – YoungSeo Bak, Los Angeles Valiant
- moth – Grant Espe, San Francisco Shock
- Twilight – Juseok Lee, Vancouver Titans
- Choihyobin – Hyobin Choi, San Francisco Shock
- Guxue – Qiulin Xu, Hangzhou Spark
- Mano – Dong-Gyu Kim, New York Excelsior
- Super – Matthew DeLisi, San Francisco Shock
You can check out the photos of the winners here.
More Overwatch League awards for 2019 will be coming soon. 5 September will see the announcement of Rookie of the Year and Regular Season MVP. Grand Finals MVP will be revealed following the season finale in Philadelphia 29 September.