So you have just survived Digimon Survive. This means you now have access to the Digmon Survive New Game Plus which not only brings over a number of Digimon, and items from your first playthrough but also unlocks a couple of new features as well.
Here’s what you get in the new game plus for Digimon Survive.
What Carries Over:
In the Digimon Survive new game plus, all of the following will carry over into a new playthrough:
- All recruitable Digimon that you’ve acquired will transfer to the new playthrough at the same level you left them on.
- Your partner Digimon will maintain their unlocked evolutions. These can be accessed by selecting the evolution option in the battle menu.
- All items and equipment you’ve collected will remain in your inventory for you to use.
- All collectibles in your library including the monster field guide, items guides, key items, and perceived memories will transfer over.
What Does Not Carry Over
Unfortunately, there are a few key gameplay features that will not carry over in a new playthrough.
- Your affinity with the other characters will reset back to zero. This will not affect any partner evolutions you’ve already unlocked.
- Your karma points will also be reset, meaning that you’ll be able to choose what route and Agumon evolution you want for your next playthrough.
Unlocking The Fourth Route
Digimon Survive’s New Game Plus is further important as it unlocks the final route of the game, known as The “Truthful Route”. You need to have completed one of the previous three routes to be able to reach this one.
Spoilers for Digimon Survive (skip the next section to avoid being spoiled)
To Unlock this route, you need to keep Ryo alive beyond chapter 3. You can do this by raising his affinity to at least 30. This is done by spending time with Ryo and agreeing with him as much as you can over the other characters.
If the affinity requirements are met, nearing the end of chapter 3 you’ll be given the split choice prompt “Ryo is in trouble! Do we help?” to which you must answers “of course we’ll help!” which should seal the deal on saving Ryo’s life.
Saving Ryo will then lead to Shuuji being saved from his death in chapter 5, giving you a full party for the truthful route.
End of Spoilers
New game plus will also allow you to skip cutscenes and dialogue you’ve already seen. It will automatically stop whenever a dialogue choice pops up but aside from that, you’ll be able to every part of the game you’ve already seen and get straight to the new content.
There is also a new section of the game unlocked in part 1 of a New Game Plus called Mugen Recollection. This is a gauntlet mode that will allow you to fight waves of different Digimon for a greater challenge. Unfortunately, you cannot recruit any Digimon you meet in this mode.
That summarises everything you’ll get on the Digimon Survive new game plus. Best of luck surviving out there in the Digital World.