At the sixth anniversary livestream for Girls Frontline, a third closed beta for Girls Frontline Exilium was announced among a host of other news. It seems there were a lot of problems with the second beta, which would explain why MICAteam is taking their time with its eventual release.
Various fan-favourite T-Dolls will be making their return to the sequel game. It should prove quite exciting not just because you get to see them again, but also learn what new name they’ve gotten for themselves. Flavour wise, the existing cast will have visual and animation improvements, as well as overhauls to the environment.
As for gameplay, changes have been made to combat feel, interface, and a showcase of the dorm which has not yet been made available in the previous tests. There will also be a new gameplay mode that is reminiscent of Escape from Tarkov. Without a date in store, it remains to be seen how much of this will be playable in the third Exilium closed beta.
Here’s a summary of some of the features you can expect in the sequel game:
- The game will have auto modes as well as multiple speed options
- The dorm room system is somewhat likened to Death Stranding
- You will be able to interact with your units, and they with each other
- There will be non-doll units usable in battle
- The commander themselves have gotten a combat vehicle / drone with which you can participate in battle with
- The Fairy system may also be extended to these
- Regular maps will be relatively lower on difficulty and complexity
- There will be larger maps with corresponding mechanics for those looking for a challenge
- International players can opt to sign up for the upcoming closed beta through TapTap CN or BiliBili
- Whenever the international release comes, arrangements and announcements will be made accordingly
- Male characters are relegated to support roles and not playable
- PC version is confirmed
- Client will be moddable