The Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Developer Diary 5 livestream went up today, 21 March 2020, showcasing the various updates coming with the third free title update to the game. With producer Tsujimoto Ryozo, Fujioka Kaname (executive director, art director) and Ichihara Daisuke (director) as our usual hosts, you can watch the full livestream below:
The livestream opened up with more looks at Raging Brachydios and Furious Rajang. As mentioned, these monsters will be arriving to console 23 May 2020, while it will be April for PC. However, they have revealed more details regarding these monsters.
- Will have new mid- and long-range attacks
- Its fur is always gold, and when enraged, sparkles even more
- Without a tail, hunters must aim for its head
- Has a new pinning attack
Naturally, it will be coming with its own armour set. It comes with a brand new set bonus skill, but that’s all we get for now.
- Larger and slower than the regular version
- Slime is extremely volatile and can explode over large areas
- Attacking active parts will make it become inactive, but the slime that drops will become explosive
- At a certain point, it will retreat to an area
- Sets the location ablaze
- No traps or Farcasters usable
- Locks you in to the area. You can climb in, but not out until you KO
The armour set as the same Agitator skill of the orignal Brachydios set, with a new one for Weakness Exploit. They also hint about something for Gunlance users!
Layered weapons are also coming to the game, quite soon after we actually asked about it in our interview with this exact trio of gentlemen! It will only be possible on weapons that have the same kind of make up. This feature will be rolled out into two parts:
- 23 March 2020: Weapons upgradable via mods, namely only certain weapons
- April: Weapons with unique appearances
- As another layer of augmentation
- Will only work on weapons that can be augmented
Kulve Taroth is now a raid, coming to master rank. The objective has changed to “Slay the beast”, previously at just destroying the horns. Hunters with Kulve Taroth weapons will be able to upgrade them with the materials from this raid.
Namielle will be the first Arch-tempered monster in Iceborne. No date was given to when this beast will be coming to the game.
Last but not least, a teaser…
Alatreon will be coming in May 2020, presumably console first. It will be coming as part of the fourth free title update. It can change forms and use multiple elements, and returns to the series fiercer than ever. More information will be forthcoming in the future.
That’s it for the Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Developer Diary 5 highlights! Which of these are you most excited for?